Vintage London Black Cab private Canberra winery tour - Cab-sauv tour
Private full-day Canberra winery tour - 6 hours
Full-day Canberra winery tour in our unique vintage London Black Taxi, known as 'Cab Sauv', depart from your choice of location around 10.30am Friday - Sunday.
All our tours are private small group winery tours for a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 5 guests. We don't mix groups.
Our London Black Cab
'Cab sauv' is a genuine vintage London Black Cab that was in operation from 1987 - 2011. The Austin FX4S-Plus model taxi then made the journey from the UK to Perth, where it served as guest transport for a luxury hotel.
The interior is in comfortable original condition. So original that we've kept the London fare card and vintage advertisements. The only modern upgrade is some much needed cold air-con.
Please note - 2 of the 5 seats in the taxi are fold down rear facing seats.
Out of respect to the wineries and their guests, we won't be accepting bookings for hens and bucks parties.
Feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss your event before booking.
- Minimum 2 guests - $350 per person
- 3 guests - $300 per person
- 4 guests - $275 per person
- 5 guests - $250 per person
Our 'Cab sauv' full-day Canberra winery tours run for around 6 hours. You will visit 4 local Canberra wineries, most of which you will be talking with the owners and winemakers directly at the cellar door. Your tour price includes all transport, wine tastings and lunch at one of the vineyards.
Our Canberra winery tours usually take place in the beautiful Murrumbateman wine region, but also include Lake george wineries on request.
Your tour will include:
- Visits to four local Canberra wineries including wine tasting
- Wood fire pizza lunch at Four Winds Winery cellar door (vegetarian, vegan and gluten free available)
- Transport in vintage FX4S-Plus genuine former London Black Cab with air-conditioning
- Pickup and dropoff to your choice of location in the Canberra region
- Friendly, professional and Canberra wine obsessed tour guide and driver
- Cold water available in the vehicle
Sample itinerary for the Cab sauv tour - London Black Cab Canberra winery tour
This is a example itinerary only. Each tour is customised to your preference in wine and wineries plus our up to date knowledge of which wines are available and are drinking well.
- 10.30am - Depart Canberra pickup location
- 11.15am - Gallagher wines for wine tasting with home made cheeese and pickle pairings
- 12.30pm - Four winds wine tasting and wood fire pizza lunch
- 1.30pm - McKellar ridge wine tasting
- 2.30pm - Eden Road wine tasting
- 4.30pm - Arrive back in Canberra
All our tours are private tours. We can always try to tailor tours to include wineries you would like to try, or we can create a tour tailored to a specific type of wine you prefer. Just let us know during the booking process what your preferences are if you have any.