The ultimate Canberra winery and truffle tour
Private full-day gourmet Canberra winery tour including a Truffle Farm truffle hunt and truffle degustation lunch.
The Truffle Farm has requested those residents currently effected by NSW lockdowns wait until restrictions end before booking.
Join the adorable truffle dog team for an interactive, truffle hunt followed by a decadent, six-course, truffle degustation lunch prepared by 2-hat chef Damian Brabender of Otis dining. This is followed by a tour of 3 celebrated Canberra wineries.
The truffle season on runs throughout winter. These gourmet experiences sell out far in advance.
Truffle hunt and wine tours depart at either 9am Saturday, Sunday and some Mondays.
- Minimum 2 guests - $525 per person
- 3-4 guests - $475 per person
- 5-6 guests - $450 per person
- Groups larger than 6, please contact us for a custom quote
There is a 10% surcharge applied on Sundays.
About the truffle hunt and degustation lunch
Join Jayson and Australia's best truffle dog team on an exhilarating truffle hunt experience. Jayson will expertly guide you through everything you've ever wanted to know about truffles. Feel the rush of excitement as you join the hunt for the elusive black truffle through the forest of 6,000 oak and hazelnut trees.
Once the perfect truffle is found, we head back to the warmth of the truffle shed for a six-course degustation. Executive chef, Damian Brabender prepares the truffle dishes in front of you while teaching you all the secrets to using truffles at home. Sit back and enjoy the dishes or get up and get involved in this interactive and entertaining event. Please see our FAQ page for more.
To learn more about the Truffle Hunt visit The Truffle Farm
Your tour will include:
- Truffle dog truffle hunt
- Demonstrations on how to best use truffles in cooking
- 6 course truffle inspired degustation lunch prepared by 2-hat chef
- 3 wine tasting stops at cellar doors in the Canberra wine region
- Transport in our luxury, air-conditioned and 5-star safety rated Land Rover Discovery or Jaguar XE for smaller groups
- Pickup and drop-off to your choice of location in the Canberra region
- Friendly, professional and Canberra food and wine obsessed tour guide and driver
- Refrigerated cold drinks available in the vehicle
Sample itinerary for
- 9.00am - Depart your choice of location in the Canberra region
- 9.30am - Truffle Farm truffle introduction
- 10.00am - Truffle hunt with the truffle dog team
- 11.00am - Truffle degustation lunch and wine
- 12.30pm - Mt Majura wine tasting with small cheese and chacuterie board
- 2.00pm - Gallagher Wines wine tasting with matching house made cheese and pickles
- 3.00pm - Brindabella Hills wine tasting
- Arrive back in Canberra 5.00pm
All our tours are private tours. You won't be mixed with other groups. However, the experience at the Truffle farm is mixed with other guests. We can always try to tailor tours to include wineries you would like to visit, or we can create a tour tailored to a specific type of wine you prefer. Just let us know during the booking process what your preferences are if you have any.
Short on time?
Our truffle hunt and winery tour package is perfect if you have a little less time available. Inlcludes a truffle hunt, taste of truffle, truffle wood-fire pizza lunch and 3 wine tasting stops.Learn more